Monday, January 6, 2014

Tonight, I'm a Seminole fan.

The only time I left my room today is when I went to the bookstore to pick up my books for the semester.  Of course, they were completely out of stock for one of my classes, which had 6 books on its list, so I really still don't have all my books.  But hey, what can you do?

I spent most of the rest of the day sleeping because I was unable to sleep last night and had a raging headache all day today.

I woke up in time to watch the BCS college football national championship.  The last one, as after this year they're going to a playoff system, which is long overdue.  I took particular interest in this game because Florida State, the Seminoles, was playing Auburn, Florida State is from my conference (the ACC) and Auburn is from the SEC.  The SEC has won the last 7 straight BCS championships, so on top of wanting to see someone from the ACC win the national title, and the very last BCS championship at that, I wanted to see the SEC reign end.

It started off bad.  FSU was down 21-3 early on, and it was only 21-10 at halftime.  Jameis Winston, the redshirt freshman quarterback who won the Heisman trophy last month, was not acting like a Heisman winner.  But something happened in that locker room at halftime, because the Seminoles came out like a new team, Jameis had a fire lit under him, and they came roaring back.  They finally got a lead back in the 4th quarter, but Auburn took it back with 1:19 left on the clock.  You'd think it was over, but FSU took it back with 13 seconds left on the clock..  They won 34-31!  I have never been so happy to see the Seminoles, or any other ACC team for that matter, win a game.  It was pretty.

I also watched Castle in that time because it partially coincided with halftime and at that point the game wasn't looking good.  It was an awesome episode.

Other than that, I worked on grad school applications.  Johns Hopkins is done.  Georgetown is about halfway done and missing a recommendation.  American is just short one easy writing piece and a recommendation.  I have to call Dr. Steegar tomorrow to remind him that those recommendations are due next week.  But hey, progress!

Now, I'm watching an online video of a memorial service that a blogger I love recommended people watch.  This woman who passed away had unshakable faith despite having terminal cancer.  It's already been so beautiful, and it'll be a good way to end the night.  After this, I'll take a nice, hot shower and go to bed.  It's so cold tomorrow, I don't plan on leaving the room or even getting out of my pajamas.

Yes, I know that many places are facing much colder weather, but this will be bad enough for me, thank you very much.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment