Friday, January 3, 2014

Cutting It Close

The procrastinator's dilemma: Wait until the last minute on things, especially the important things.  Get to said last minute.  Freak out for waiting so long.  Cry.  Wonder why you always do this to yourself.  Promise you won't make the same mistake again.  Make same mistake again next time.  Wash, rinse, repeat.

My first grad school application, New York University Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, is due on January 4th (presumably by 11:59 PM EST).

I finished it at 11:55 PM on January 3rd.

Granted, this wasn't entirely my fault considering all the health issues I faced in the fall semester and my Christmas break consisting of 2.5 weeks of viral bronchitis and a not-totally-expected surgery, and today I had a terrible migraine and thus didn't start until almost 10:00 tonight, but still.  I could have done a lot better.

Don't ask me why I always do this to myself.  I wish I knew.

Add in the fact that my hormones are still all out of whack, and I was a really fun person to be around tonight.  Ha.

This is the schedule for the rest of the applications.  I'm gonna try not to wait until the day before again.

Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies - January 7th (aka Tuesday.  I hope to get this one done tomorrow, but we'll see.)
Georgetown University School of Foreign Service - Wednesday, January 15th
American University (DC) School of International Service - Wednesday, January 15th
American University in Paris - Saturday, February 1st
NC State - Saturday, March 1st

I'm simultaneously exhausted and wide awake right now.  I gave up on Mom's CDs around 2 am, so I might just do that instead of the JH application so I can be in top form for that.

My future is about to not be the future anymore, y'all.  Things just got real.  I can't spend the next several months in freakout mode.  Jesus help me.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment